Good Evening, brunt of the storm, no, but wind and rain, yeah, probably. Maybe.
WRAL — Storm track continues to keep Matthew off NC coast
National Hurricane Center
Elections & Politics
• Shrinking the black vote: What’s left of NC’s voter law after a federal court ruling could still have a chilling effect. Read more.
• Coal ash deposition: McCrory’s chief of staff refuses to answer several questions under oath. Read more.
• Two battlegrounds: NC and PA — both important electoral prizes — have moved toward Clinton. Read more.
• 100K new voters: Latino voter group reports big new registration numbers, including NC. Read more.
• ‘Pre-election political stunt’: The State Employees Association of NC is unimpressed by October bonuses. Read more.
• Absentee ballots: Good news, so far, for NC Dems. Read more.
• Keith Lamont Scott: CMPD releases full video of fatal shooting. Read more.
• Taking a knee: ECU warns football players that anthem protests ‘will not be tolerated.’ Read more.
• ‘It Is Not Funny’: Creepy clown reports continue to spread, and police aren’t amused. Read more.
• Female butchers and farmers: They’re booming everywhere, and especially in NC. Read more.
• The Wells Fargo wagon: It carries unwanted baggage for ex-Wachovia workers in Charlotte, hitched by a merger eight years ago. Read more.
Editorials of the day:
Reminder: You can subscribe to the Morning Post email here. It’s super-mobile-friendly.
Sunrise (Piedmont) 7:15 a.m.
Sunset (Piedmont) 6:53 p.m.
Asheville 74/56 Partly Cloudy
Charlotte 74/65 Partly Cloudy
Chapel Hill 70/63 Cloudy
Pleasure Island 76/72 Rain